Monday, June 11, 2018

Another Year Comes with More Adventures and More Wisdom!

"You can't expect to be old and wise if you were never young and crazy."

For the wondering minds... "Are you still in South Korea?" Yes, I'm still in South Korea, living good. I know it's been a couple of months since I shared a story... so, I'm going to share about my birthday celebration(s) for now. I'll fill you in on the past 4 months next time.

"Did you travel for your birthday?" Ummm... no, I didn't leave the country if that's what you're wondering. I've been lazy, and wanted to stay put; trying to do things locally.  Since my birthday is a national holiday in Korea, I decided to check off a couple places that I've wanted to go to while living here.

First, let me shout out my students for the love during the week of my birthday. Since, there wasn't any school on my birthday, students sang happy birthday to me on all the other days.  So, in some of my classes, I didn't give them work; I let them watch movies, and gave them snacks. (I felt like I shouldn't have been working "hard" during the week of my birthday.πŸ™ƒ) My students are thoughtful...I was given milk, pencils, and a sniper key chain as gifts.  It's the thought that counts, right?πŸ€”πŸ™ƒ

Anyways, as an "adult," I didn't plan to go out on my birthday eve...just sleep. But, I was dragged out by my friend Matt. He showed me to this bar where I had some good cocktails (cause I don't do Korean alcohol), good music, watch the bar tenders put on a show, receive a free cocktail for my birthday and receive a lot of birthday love from some of the Koreans. 00:30 is way past my bed time.

June 6: My good friends, James and YunHye, spent the day with me as we ventured to different "museums" in the area. First stop,

Seogwang Tea Garden (제주 μ„œκ΄‘ 닀원)
I don't drink tea, but I thought would be nice to see one of the "most well managed and largest tea plantation(s) in Korea." It wasn't on my to-do list then, but I think next time, I'll make some natural tea soap and buy some tea for family.





Glass Castle (μ œμ£Όμœ λ¦¬μ˜μ„±)
I always like to do something "memorable" for my birthday. Something I'd never forget and can always remember about my birthday. A friend told me about glass art, and how I could make my own glass art. So, I went to the Glass Castle to make glass art. (Technically, I just "assisted", but I did a major part in glass blowing.) Now, my art piece is glowing beautifully on my window stool as the city sits in the background.










Love Land (μ œμ£ΌλŸ¬λΈŒλžœλ“œ)
And finally, I made it to the "famous" Love Land. But, I'm sure you already expect the unexpected from me. I said a while back after my visit to Penis Park I had to visit this one. It was my entertainment for the day. Lolz. It was good seeing other foreigners (and Koreans) laughing, joking around but most importantly, enjoying the museum and approaching it all with a mature mindset. I'll post only a select few pictures☺. Laughter is good for the soul! 










To close out my day, I took myself to the movies to watch Jurassic World. Funny thing, I'm that "extra" foreigner in movies while abroad. So, I try to avoid people who know in public places, especially my students. I saw one of my students near the concession stand. He didn't notice me. I walk in the theater, I'm sitting right next to him and his mother.😐 But, I did a marvelous job of not embarrassing myself and not showing out like I did watching Infinity War.πŸ™ƒ

Feeling blessed and thankful as always, it's good to see another year. I look forward to the many adventures ahead, while sharing my stories with you. 

P.S. Thank you to all those who sent me birthday wishes. I really do appreciate it!

Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment