Sunday, September 24, 2017

That Feelin' When You Make It to the Top 😎

"When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top."

 

With my last post, I couldn't really share my other adventures. It would have been too much going on. But I think this post is best time to share all the previous and recent activity...

Woraksan μ›”μ•…μ‚°
I've been wanting to hike Woraksan since the mid-July. Timing is everything.  The weather hadn't been the best, and I don't think I was physically ready back in July. Towards the end of August, I finally got to hike it. Let me tell you...Woraksan is something else.  Like I don't know which was worse, the hike up or the hike down.  All the stairs I had to take up had me grasping for air, while descending had me fearing for my life.  (I'm exaggerating a littleπŸ™„)  We took two different courses.  The course up was "high-intermediate/low-advance" and the course down was "high-advance/intense" in my opinion. If we took course 2 on the way up, I think I probably would have cried. But all I got to say is "Thank GOD I Made It!" πŸ˜©πŸ™πŸ™Œ






Ridin' Round and Gettin' It in South Korea
Two days after that hike, I FINALLY obtained my Korean Driver's License. πŸ™  You don't understand.  It took me 3 weeks of August to get it.  I went through 3 failures. It was a learning and humbling experience. There were times I wanted to give up, but I kept going. I was determined.  I almost teared up when I received my DL.  The workers were happy for me.  I could tell after each stage.  If you're a foreigner living in South Korea and want to obtain a DL, I made a post just for you! I want to help you avoid failing and "giving away money." (Click here!)
 


Lotte World
This amusement in Seoul is quite small.  I'd say it's above a state fair, but below a Six Flags. Their inside area is really big. I think it's best to spend more time there than outside. But, we went with no expectations and had a good time. Now, I'm not going to say whether I recommend it or not. I think that's a personal decision. 🀷 (Oh, I met another fabulous American in Korea.)




My Social Life
Just when I thought my social life was becoming non-existent...God showed me otherwise.  I finally became social and met up with some other foreigners in my small little city, allowing me to be more active in the city I live in.  I also my some DEVASTATING DIVAS this past weekend, and it really showed me even more how great of a sisterhood I'm apart of, now knowing people in different areas of Korea will be there for me.

One sad thing, I had to say good-bye to my foreign coworker. Her time at the school was up. Now she's on to the next chapter in her life.






As usual, until the next adventures.
μ•„λ…•!

No comments:

Post a Comment