Sunday, June 25, 2017

This Cause for a CELEBRATION in Singapore!

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt


So, I've realized that my trips have to encounter some type of hiccup(s) or confusion at the airport(s).   ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฆ✈

I get to the airport 3 hours early like a good traveler ๐Ÿค—, wait in the queue for about 2 hours and wait at the gate with about 1 hour remaining. I look at the gate's message board with flight information to Rome at 14:10 (mind you, my flight's at 14:20.) In my mind, I'm thinking my flight is departing after. *SN: I had very little sleep, and I was tired* The gates open for this flight and they started to board. I recalled my ticket saying that I should be boarding my flight around this time๐Ÿค”. I pull out my ticket....๐Ÿ˜‘ I was at the wrong gate for 50 minutes. Luckily, my gate was 3 gates down, and I made boarding on time. I'm going to Singapore!๐Ÿ‘✈

So my friend, Chelsea, is from Singapore. How did we meet?๐Ÿค” Well, about 3 years ago, we studied abroad at the same university in Chile, had 2 classes together, and was placed in the same group in one of our classes. Also, a friend and I planned a trip to Argentina and ran into Chelsea at the same hostel, unplanned. It's crazy how small the ๐ŸŒis.  Anyways, my week(end) in Singapore caused for a celebration. It was the week of my birthday, and Chelsea completed her CFA exam.  It's time to celebrate๐Ÿ‘.

After I arrived and got settled in, Chelsea took me to a local spot that Singaporeans love to eat Chinese food. Chelsea said I did very well for trying new foods. After that, she showed me around Little India.






The next day, I went walking around Chinatown collecting too many souvenirs ๐Ÿคฆ, and wandered through the streets towards Bugis Junction and Clarke Quay. After that self-tour, I met back up with Chels, and we went to the water park, Adventure Cove.  I didn't plan to get my hair wet๐Ÿ™„, but I ended up having a good time. ๐Ÿ˜ We took a walk through Sentosa and ended up on the beach enjoying music, food, and good vibes.  
 


 

June 5๐Ÿ˜: A day filled with adventures.
So the hotel I stayed at has this wonderful infinity pool that oversees the city with great views. I spent a couple of hours there enjoying the weather. After that, I took it upon myself to explore more of Singapore.











Later that night, Chelsea and her friends took me out to celebrate my birthday ๐ŸŽถ"On a Tuesday!" [No photos available๐Ÿ™ƒ.] I made it back to my room in great condition!๐Ÿ–’

JUNE 6: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
Waking up earlier than expected, I went out to the pool again and had breakfast there. It was so relaxing. I wasn't really in the mood to site see, just relax and take in everything that I was experiencing. I went to the movies to see Wonder Woman, then relaxed by the pier until I reconnected with Chelsea. Final things we enjoyed together were the "Gardens by the Bay" and "Marina Bay Sands" lights show and a dinner with typical Singaporean food. 










Overall, I had an amazing time in Singapore. I thank God for allowing me to cross paths and become friends with Chelsea! I look forward to another trip in the future. 





Until my next adventures....

Where in the ๐ŸŒ will I be next?

No comments:

Post a Comment