Friday, May 5, 2017

Views From Seoul

These previous weeks have been very interesting.  The recent impeachment in South Korea of President Park, to the neighbor up north and his outlandish actions, I've been trying to process everything; but it seems to go over my head.  It's not like I don't know what's going on.  But when you live and work with people that continue their daily lives and don't allow anything to bother them, you end up doing the same. My students have had a lot to say about it.  They're children...they rarely hold back their opinions.  From the younger students joking about missiles and bombs blowing up, to my older ones expressing how awful the impeached president was and how "you know who"🙄 has a double chin. I have more to say about this, but I think I'll save it for a more appropriate time.

In other positives news, I had a wonderful and eventual weekend in Seoul. I was able to see and do as much as I planned. I did about 25 miles of walking over the course of two days. Trust me, it wasn't easy.

The moment I had arrived in Korea, I had been wanting to tour Lotte World Tower. At that time, I found out that it wasn't opening for tourism until the beginning of April. I didn't make the grand opening, but I got the right to say, "I've visited Lotte World Tower within the first month of it's opening!" That counts, right? 🤔








Next stop was Namsan Tower. It's another landmark located in Seoul that's significant. 


 

After that, I made my way to the City Hall district; passing by Sungnyemun Gate, Seoul Plaza, and Deoksuggung Palace. *Let me insert that this wasn't an easy trek. * I got lost several times...but that's what makes adventures. 🙃😅
Once I recharged my energy at this pizza shop, I continued towards Gwanghwamun District. This is where day 1 ended and day 2 began. Gyeongbokgun Palace is where I got to see the showing of "The Changing of the Guard."












I walked in other areas, making a few loops through areas of already been through. Though it was tiring and exhausting, I really enjoyed myself!

                    



Until next time, Seoul!




Check out my video with more pictures to see!

(excuse my rushed "work."  I'll do better next time)



1 comment:

  1. You look like you are really enjoying yourself, Bri! I'm loving your pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete