Monday, April 10, 2017

Stepping Outside the Box

"You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be."

It's very strange for me now, that in the US I was always doing something every day, almost every second.  My schedule was extremely busy that majority of my time was occupied, and I didn't have to worry about occupying my time.  The fast-past life moves so quickly, to where you don't realize what's going on and the little things that are happening around you.

My fast-past life has slowed down tremendously, and I've been searching for ways to occupy the free time I have.  The little things that I didn't notice then, I notice now.  I've spent so much time on social media trying to "catch up" on people and things, I started feeling like I was missing out on things. My grandmother will be celebrating her 70th birthday next weekend, and that's an event that hurts me to not be a part of.  Trying to connect and communicate with family and friends is difficult.  I have moments where I just want to communicate to family and friends, other times, it's anyone.  Now, you're probably thinking I'm homesick, lonely, and whatever else.  A possible explanation for a late blog post?  NOPE.  Just wanted to share the reality.  My life.  Just telling you the realness.  It's not easy, and I don't want you to think for one bit that I'm extremely merry and I'm in a Utopia world.  I had to disconnect and refocus my energy elsewhere to remain positive.  Also, the month of March was chaotic.  I had the sniffles for a bit, tests and evaluations for students, the "lovely" student (my educators know them) problems, and still trying to figure things out.  I am extremely content with where God has placed me and rest assure, there are many adventures to come! ;)


Speaking of adventures... I decided to step out this box I created.  I try to do something every weekend, when the weather isn't bad...

Weekend Adventure

But this past weekend, I decided to embark on a 15.25-mile journey (unknowingly).  Was I prepared for this journey? No.  Did I have some expectations? Not really.

Destination: Chungju Dam


I'll let the pictures speak.

My friend Woody.

대몽항쟁 전승기념탑- The Monument of the Battle of Daemon
 


"Cherry Blossoms are blooming"
 


Snack time!
 
민들레 - Restaurant
 


"In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take."

3 comments: