Saturday, August 11, 2018

If You're Ready for the Summer Let's Go....

"Summertime is always the best of what might be" - Charles Bowden

Oh man, oh man... when everyone has been counting down to summer break, you know the struggle has got to be real.😫 Well, let me catch you on up before I get lost in my summer vacation...😏

So, I left off with my stories in May. I pretty much covered June, as I have previously talked about my birthday and my visit from Ty, but I've gotten into some other things in the month as well.

Since the weather has been so hot, it just calls for weekend visits to the beach. So, my friends and I chill, watch sunsets, and enjoy good company. Also, I had another visit from a friend, and I showed her a good time.  Good vibes only...









Tragic timing... I've always had a goal to hike Hallasan mountain. I woke up one morning, very adventurous and ready to go. I get to the mountain, I start my trek. I was told it was about a 2.5 hour trek. Boy was I tired. I had two resting points; after I made it to the 1400m mark... I noticed I lost my American phoneπŸ˜‘. Yes, I clearly didn't care... let me tell you why. I was so determined to make it to the top. I was already tired and didn't want to turn back around. I kept going and had to utilize my Korean phone for pictures (the quality isn't that great). I finally made it to my stopping point, rested for a bit, then turned back around in search for my phone. Get to the area... couldn't find it. I searched hard and wide. Went to the information desk, no luck. After 45 minutes of searching, I'd declared my device lost.






With a lost phone, life keeps going. July finally comes... My brother came to spend time with me on the island; I fall into some island adventures with my teacher friends; I support my students in their Ping Pong Tournament and I close out the first semester with summer camp.  During summer camp, I taught my students about Egypt and Greece and had them use their creative skills to create a pyramid and a Greek helmet.








 
Oh, I forgot to mention... I went back to Halla to hike another trail and look for my phone. I know, wishful thinking after almost a month of not being able to find it. The crew and I did some fun activities to close out the month: an escape room and a pool party. We didn't make it out the room. We died with 33% remaining. Tragic.

 






Until next time... which will be about my summer vacation, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment